Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Tuesday night, we had our Young Life committee meeting. What a great night it was! We got to sit and listen to leaders tell stories about camp this summer. So many high schoolers came away with a much bigger and much more personal grasp of who Jesus is. So many made life-changing decisions. Listening to those leaders talk about their love for these kids and their desire for them to know Jesus was so exciting and encouraging. It was a challenge for me to think about who I'm burdened for and who I'm really praying for in my own life.
Thursday night, Andrew and I had Spur group. We have started going to a community group which has been so good. We meet with other men and women from our church and discuss a passage of scripture and then break up for men/women prayer time. This has really been an answer to prayer for us! We've been wanting to develop deeper relationships with people at church and this has been such a blessing. I have absolutely loved the girl prayer time. It is so sweet to share with other women and pray for each other.
Friday night, we had a real date...well a quadruple date....and had a blast! We met up with the Blackwells, Evans, and Casons at Miyo's in Forest Acres. I had to laugh because girls sat at one end of the table and guys on the other. At times, we would overhear the guys conversation and it was so funny to hear what they were talking about. Gotta love male/female differences, right? We then went to Baskin Robbins where I thoroughly enjoyed my ice cream. Its been a long year of no dairy and I am enjoying working it back into my life (and slowly introducing Drew to it - he had yogurt for the first time the other day and absolutely loved it!).
We are so, so blessed to have our families so close by and so willing to give us weeks like this! Uncle Brad, Grammy, and Nana and Papa all babysat Drew this week. (Let's be honest...I think it is just as much a treat for them as it for us!) Thank you for giving us a fun and full week! I really did miss my baby boy though! It sure is tough to leave him just for the evening. (Andrew and I love sneaking into his room and watching him sleep, so you can be sure we did that every night we missed putting him to bed ourselves!)
On a separate note...Drew had his first year doctor's checkup and drum roll please.....he made the growth chart!! After almost a full year of not being big enough to even make the percentile chart, he did it! He now weights 20 pounds 8 ounces (putting him at 16%) and is around 30 inches long (putting him at 65% - I think?). He had a great appointment and it was so fun to hear a great report. What a stud he is!
I wish I had some pictures to post, but my sweet husband has given me a Starbucks night, so I am downtown in the Vista reliving college days and typing on my laptop. Gotta love it!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
He did pretty well - he cried everytime he saw the yellow baby float and held on for dear life to my mom's measuring spoons, but other than that - he was a champ!
Doesn't he look like a big boy in this picture?? And so much like Andrew! What a handsome dude!
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Uncle Brad got Drew this tuxedo to wear on his big day - complete with cumberbund and bowtie! Doesn't he look handsome?
Friday, June 26, 2009
- Andrew makes up the best songs about Drew – I mean these diddys are catchy and will stay in your head for months at a time. And they are pure fact – all about how awesome little Drew is!
- He is such a selfless dad. I really know he would do anything for that boy – even changing really stinky diapers and making Drew laugh the whole time. Or, better yet, walking 20 laps around the house helping Drew go back to sleep at 1am.
- Speaking of selfless – he is seriously the best teammate. He goes above and beyond the call of duty and doesn’t complain. (He really is the best floor mopper ever!)
- He prays for his boy – among other things, that he would know Jesus and love Jesus at an early age.
- Andrew is a fun dad. He loves experiencing new things with Drew and showing him a good time. (And yes, sometimes a good time is just hitting two blocks together repeatedly).
- Drew will inevitably master Andrew’s signature dance by the time he is 18 months. That is just a given.
- He is a dad who loves hanging out with his family.
- He is excited to learn about Drew’s passions and what makes him tick. We talk and wonder a lot about what Drew is going to love and I can’t wait to see those boys discover it together.
- Andrew loves Jesus and loves people. Drew has an awesome role model in that.
- He’s hot. :)
Here's Ang and his mini me -
Oh, and my dad is pretty awesome too! I’m really grateful to have a dad who loves Jesus, has never been afraid to make me think and learn, and who really loves his family.
Happy Father's Day (just a little belated!)!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
I wish you could hear Andrew sing it, but I guess you'll have to settle for the Third Day version! :) Here's a link if you are interested...http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=0d1949c25e186087c106.