Wednesday, August 26, 2009

3 dates...1 week!

Last week, Ang and I had three dates! Can you believe it? Well, they weren't technically all real dates, but we were out of the house together. That qualifies, right? :)

Tuesday night, we had our Young Life committee meeting. What a great night it was! We got to sit and listen to leaders tell stories about camp this summer. So many high schoolers came away with a much bigger and much more personal grasp of who Jesus is. So many made life-changing decisions. Listening to those leaders talk about their love for these kids and their desire for them to know Jesus was so exciting and encouraging. It was a challenge for me to think about who I'm burdened for and who I'm really praying for in my own life.

Thursday night, Andrew and I had Spur group. We have started going to a community group which has been so good. We meet with other men and women from our church and discuss a passage of scripture and then break up for men/women prayer time. This has really been an answer to prayer for us! We've been wanting to develop deeper relationships with people at church and this has been such a blessing. I have absolutely loved the girl prayer time. It is so sweet to share with other women and pray for each other.

Friday night, we had a real date...well a quadruple date....and had a blast! We met up with the Blackwells, Evans, and Casons at Miyo's in Forest Acres. I had to laugh because girls sat at one end of the table and guys on the other. At times, we would overhear the guys conversation and it was so funny to hear what they were talking about. Gotta love male/female differences, right? We then went to Baskin Robbins where I thoroughly enjoyed my ice cream. Its been a long year of no dairy and I am enjoying working it back into my life (and slowly introducing Drew to it - he had yogurt for the first time the other day and absolutely loved it!).

We are so, so blessed to have our families so close by and so willing to give us weeks like this! Uncle Brad, Grammy, and Nana and Papa all babysat Drew this week. (Let's be honest...I think it is just as much a treat for them as it for us!) Thank you for giving us a fun and full week! I really did miss my baby boy though! It sure is tough to leave him just for the evening. (Andrew and I love sneaking into his room and watching him sleep, so you can be sure we did that every night we missed putting him to bed ourselves!)

On a separate note...Drew had his first year doctor's checkup and drum roll please.....he made the growth chart!! After almost a full year of not being big enough to even make the percentile chart, he did it! He now weights 20 pounds 8 ounces (putting him at 16%) and is around 30 inches long (putting him at 65% - I think?). He had a great appointment and it was so fun to hear a great report. What a stud he is!

I wish I had some pictures to post, but my sweet husband has given me a Starbucks night, so I am downtown in the Vista reliving college days and typing on my laptop. Gotta love it!

Goodnight all!

1 comment:

Heather said...

What fun! I need a date night. :) Congrats to Drew for making the chart. Anna is still below 10%. What she lacks in size, she makes up for in sassiness...especially between the hours of 10PM and 2AM. Not fun!!